Gifts of Appreciated Securities
How It Works
- You transfer appreciated stocks, bonds or mutual fund shares you have owned for one year or more to the Taft School
- The Taft School sells your securities and uses the proceeds to support its students, or to support the program you wish to gift with your support.
- You receive an immediate income-tax deduction for the fair market value of the securities on the date of transfer, no matter what you originally paid for them.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
Contributions of securities or mutual funds, please contact:
Paul B. Parvis
Alumni and Development
The Taft School
110 Woodbury Road
Watertown, Connecticut 06795
- More detail on gifts of appreciated securities.
- Frequently asked questions on gifts of appreciated securities.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.