Charitable Lead Trust
How It Works
- You contribute securities or other appreciated assets to a charitable lead trust.
- The trust makes fixed annual payments to the Taft School for a period of time.
- When the trust terminates, the remaining principal is paid to your heirs.
- Income payments to us for a term reduce the ultimate tax cost of transferring an asset to your heirs.
- The amount and term of the payments to the Taft School can be set so as to reduce or even eliminate transfer taxes due when the principal reverts to your heirs.
- All appreciation that takes place in the trust goes tax-free to the individuals named in your trust.
- More detail about charitable lead trusts.
- Frequently asked questions about charitable lead trusts.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.