Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
How It Works
- You transfer cash, securities or other appreciated property into a trust.
- The trust makes fixed annual payments to you or to beneficiaries you name.
- When the trust terminates, the remainder passes to the Taft School to be used as you have directed.
- Receive income for life or a term of years in return for your gift.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution.
- Pay no upfront capital gains tax on appreciated assets you donate.
- Your trust can meet personal or family needs that are tied to a specific timeframe, such as tuition payments.
- More detail about charitable remainder annuity trusts
- Frequently asked questions on charitable remainder annuity trusts.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.