Gifts of Real Estate
How It Works
- You deed your mortgage-free home, vacation home, undeveloped property or a commercial building to the Taft School.
- the Taft School may use the property for its own purposes or may sell it and
- You receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the real estate at the time of the transfer.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- You can direct the proceeds from your gift to a specific program at the Taft School.
- More details about gifts of real estate.
- Frequently asked questions on gifts of real estate.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.